Learning Assistants work with a specific course and section. They are required to attend every class lecture and make weekly announcements, to the class, regarding study sessions. Learning Assistants hold 2-4 hours of guided study sessions per week and meet with the instructor twice per month to discuss student progress and participation. Learning Assistants do not grade homework or edit papers, and they do not re-lecture. As a Learning Assistant you will gain invaluable experience in teaching and leadership. Listed below are the required qualifications for this position:
- Must be able to communicate clearly and compassionately to all students.
- Perfect command of written and spoken English
- Sophomore status or higher
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0
- Must have achieved a “B+” or higher in the course(s).
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits at Boise State University as a degree seeking student.
- Have an ability to speak and present information in front of a group.
- Ability to adapt to different personalities and environments quickly.
- Commit to a full semester of employment.
- Must have faculty approval.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to STEM Student News.