A new National Science Foundation program promoting evidence based best-practices in STEM teaching.
Wondering where to get started to learn about research-based best practices in STEM teaching and education research?
- Click here for an annotated bibliography of recommended readings
- National Science Board commissioned papers on linking evidence with learning goals
- Bibliography of articles effective teaching practice, Dr. Richard Felder, Hoechst Celanese Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering at North Carolina State University
- About self-authorship and Learning Partnerships
- Building Learning Partnerships by Marcia Baxter-Magolda
Is there an Intranet site for faculty/staff to exchange information and data?
Yes. Visit the Resources to Support STEM Teaching and Education Research Google site.
A Google site accessible from Google Apps for Boise State faculty/staff:
- Internal data, statistics and background for education reports and grants
- Reports and minutes from campus symposia and meetings
- Not-ready-for prime time research papers and draft reports
- STEM forum for connecting with other faculty and staff
Join the trend of Boise State faculty who are combining their roles and teachers and scholars to improve efficiency and productivity in both. Resource page
Research shows that the interactions students have with faculty have a profound impact on students’ satisfaction with their academic experience and their likelihood to persist in completing a degree. The attached PowerPoint by Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering faculty Krishna Pakala and Sarah Haight showcase practical strategies for interactions with students that are both positive and time-efficient.
Wondering where to go for more resources?
- Center for Teaching & Learning
- Service Learning
- Office of Sponsored Programs (Research)
- Broader Impacts Infrastructure
- U.S. Department of Education STEM Education Research Opportunities
- Fulbright Scholars Information
- Report on Novel Forms of Science Engagement Raises New Questions about Outreach.
- Adopt-a-Physicist Registration Deadline September 30, 2014
- Boise State Multicultural Student Services Welcome Reception for First Generation College Students
- U.S. News STEM Solutions National Leadership Conference
- Thirty Five Ways of Looking at STEM Education Policy
- Researchers Invited to Monthly Coffee and Donuts Mixer
- Mountain West Clinical Translational Research – Infrastructure Network (CTR-IN) Mini-Grants. Apply Now!
- An Introduction to Evidence-Based Undergraduate STEM Teaching – Free Seven-Week Online Course
- NSF Designing Materials to Revolutionize and Engineer our Future (DMREF) Call for Proposals
- NSF Computing and Communications Foundations (CCF) Core Programs Call for Proposals